Essentially this amounts to your personal effects. While all visitors are responsible for the supply and packaging of their personal effects, the onus is also on each individual to inform themselves of the regulations concerning visits to Antarctica and the Islands, and the conditions that can be expected (e.g., climate).
Here are some supplies that team members and personnel need to remember to pack:
- Toiletries (e.g., toothbrush and paste, soap, shampoo, shaving gear (optional), towels, etc.
- Clothing items (general in and outdoor clothing, footwear underwear, etc.)
- Hobbies/recreation (Materials and specialised tools, games, etc.)
- Music (musical instruments, sound-systems*, tapes, CDs, movies, etc.)
- Photographic equipment (Cameras, enough batteries/chargers etc… Binoculars/Telescopes/underwater cameras)
- Technical equipment (Computers/Laptops other than that provided for official use and communication)
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco (Alcoholic or specific non-alcoholic drinks, brewing kits, cigarettes etc.)
- See “Advice for Overwinterers” for more detailed lists