The 79th Marion Island Overwintering team has compiled their 3rd newsletter, filled with interesting stories and fascinating photography!
In this edition:
- Meet the Diesel Mechanic, Ecologist and Medical Orderly of the team
- Marion’s Marvelous Birds – Grey Petrels
- Fashionable Field Gear
- Memorable Shots
- Sealer Diaries
- The Mouse-Free Marion Project
- Island Life
- Celebrations – August and September Birthdays
- Sports’ Time
- A Typical Day – from a Sealer’s point of view
- The Team – what have we been up to?
- A Time to Explore
- Song Pick for August
- Circle of Life – Breeding Season is in the Air
- Weather for the Brave
Check out all this team’s newsletter on the Antarctic Legacy of South Africa Archive here.
Anche Louw, Antarctic Legacy of South Africa, 15 November 2022